Retirement visas in Thailand are granted for a period of One Year. This visa is renewable every year as long as the applicant can meet the following requirements:
(1) The Applicant Must be holding a Non-Immigrant visa.
(2) The Applicant Must be 50 years of age or over.
(3) The Applicant Must have evidence of having income or earning of any sources of no less than Baht 65,000 (approximately 2,200 USD/ 1,300 GBP/ 1,500 EURO/2,000 AUD) per month; or
(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a Thai bank of no less than 800,000 Baht (approximately 28,000 USD/ 16,000 GBP/ 18,600 EURO/24,300 AUD); the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to the filing date and such funds must be transfered from overseas;
(5) Must have a combination of annual earning (3) and funds deposited(4) with a Thai bank totaling no less than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date.
WLS can assist you with applying for a Retirement visa and obtaining all the documents required. Our fee for this service is $ 800 USD (does not include the Single Entry Visa Consular fee of $65 USD/£100.00/ $90 AUD from the Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home country).
Our Retirement Visa Service includes;
A Non-Immigrant Visa from your Home Country
Opening of a Thai Bank account
Completing your Retirement Visa application
Legal Assistance to obtain evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest, dividends, etc. from your local Embassy in Thailand
Legal Assistance to obtain a Funds deposit certificate issued by a bank in Thailand
A One Year Retirement visa government fee of Baht 1,900